Technical Program Manager
For Uber to be a world-class transportation option for everyone, it must be one thing first – Reliable. Site Reliability Engineering and Observability ensure that software products that touch the physical world are always available and performant under exponential growth conditions, including bringing world-class thinking around anomaly detection, trace analysis, root cause detection, and machine learning at scale to help build technology to guarantee that the Uber experience is always excellent.
Your analysis will be an integral part of the decision making process within the Site Reliability Engineering and Observability organization. Examples include forecasting for capacity planning, analyzing the effectiveness of potential high-impact infrastructure projects, and defining org-wide KPIs. You will be part of a team of data scientists who symbiotically work with engineering and site reliability engineering.
You will help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives.
You will monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver.
You will project manage complex cross-team initiatives within Engineering and interface with engineering managers.
- Degree in a quantitative field (Bachelor or Masters).
- 2+ years of analytical or data science experience.
- Strong data management skills (SQL) and scripting proficiency (R, Python).
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships. Ability to fluently communicate with engineering, product and leadership.
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks across multiple teams without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Product evangelization and strong customer obsession.
- Ability to move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive approach to solving problems and finding solutions.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in reliability engineering, forecasting, or risk analysis.
- Lots of free Uber credits each month!
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top