Technical Curriculum Developer
Uber’s engineering education program trains and prepares engineers for the technologies and platforms in our always evolving, highly dynamic organization. We are looking for a Curriculum Developer to develop a global program to deliver onboarding and training in any of our offices. This role resides in the Engineering department and enables new engineers to contribute value promptly while advancing seasoned engineers’ knowledge through structured continuous education. As Curriculum Developer, you will build a program that bolsters the intelligence of a world-class engineering org powering millions of trips every day.
- Develop the curriculum for training and education to take place at all of our engineering offices.
- Develop and implement an e-learning strategy.
- Design role-based learning paths, tailoring curriculum to employees’ needs.
- Evaluate and work with Engineers who teach the training courses, helping them teach more effectively.
- Refine onboarding to minimize the time it takes new engineers to push quality code, while maximizing value and absorption of knowledge.
- Develop and implement a continuous learning strategy for engineers to grow beyond their expertise and keep up with our evolving ecosystem.
- Measure, analyze, and evaluate program effectiveness, including presenter performance, student progress, and program efficiency through metrics and experimentation.
- Determine onboarding and education lifecycle, including optimal duration, cadence and timing of courses.
- Identify and fill knowledge and performance gaps in engineering with education and training.
- Experience creating engaging and interactive training for engineers on a global scale
- Technical skill set in order to work with the Developer Experience technologies
- Understand Uber’s complex technical stack in order to aid in translation into effective learning
- Course development and instructional design expertise
- Experience developing and evaluating e-learning curriculum
- Teaching and leadership ability
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Experience developing learning resources, such as guides, presentations, documentation, and interactive course exercises
- Analytical and data driven decision-making ability
- A passion for the education space
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top