Tech Services - Service Desk Technician Level 2
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
About the Role
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We're looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
Service Desk Technicians at Uber are expected to think beyond their tickets. Techs at Uber have a broader cross-organizational awareness, and your work will influence change that affects one or more adjacent orgs within the company. Here's your chance to be a part of Uber history!
What You'll Do
- Primary escalation point for the frontline support team via chat, onsite, or ticketing system.
- In collaboration with team members and IT leadership, implement great support processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Deploy automated, self service capabilities with tools like Powershell, CrashPlan and Jira.
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology.
- Order, receive, track, and issue hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of systems and software.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Manage, support, and provision business application in a cloud-based environment.
- Write clear, concise documentation for team members in wiki tools (Confluence, Phabricator).
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Desktop Support and Engineering experience.
- Extensive experience with Mac OS X system administration and applications: OS configuration, troubleshooting, and knowledge of applications including MS Office, Chef, Apple Remote Desktop and DeployStudio.
- Strong knowledge of Windows PC troubleshooting and application support, including MS Office, Google App Sync, Box Sync.
- Experience with Google Apps for Business, including comprehensive knowledge of Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Groups (including Google Admin).
- Working knowledge of AV hardware, Eventboard, and V/C systems (Zoom).
- Comfortable with managing and manipulating directory systems (AD).
- Experience in supporting global users, applications, and endpoints with remote support tools (Bomgar, uChat).
- Experience with endpoint security management and compliance processes.
- Experience supporting a 24x7 user population in a global company.
- Experience supporting TCP/IP networks, LAN/WAN topology, wireless networking.
- Experience in communication and collaboration technologies.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top