Team Lead, Community Operations Uber Eats - English, Cairo
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The role of Sales Team lead is a great opportunity to leverage both your sales and people management skills to build a best-in-class remote sales team and expand the number of restaurants that partner with UberEATs. We are looking for someone to lead, motivate and manage a team of 5-10 sales agents, including setting daily/weekly sales targets, driving performance, ensuring discipline and morale and liaising with our UberEATS expansion and Sales Ops teams to optimize operations and facilitate insights.We are looking for someone who is natural at selling and passionate about coaching and developing people. Your primary focus will be to create a strong team that is able to bring on new restaurants that fit our partnership criteria, and you'll leverage and develop your team's skills in emailing, cold-calling, and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success.What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales targets
- Contribute to strategic plans to improve the team performance and KPIs
- Deliver actionable feedback to sales agents who are either outperforming or underperforming on KPIs (sales activities, conversion, QA) and career development.
- Help us identify and build best practices for your sales team and others
- Hold biweekly 1:1 with agents to discuss their key metrics after reviewing the dashboard
- Be available to agents by maintaining a consistent presence on the floor and acts as first point of contact for escalations on critical/ time sensitive issues
- Maintain team harmony and high motivation across team members, address team concerns in an effective and timely manner
- Build and maintain a high performance culture focused on delivering world class customer support
- Communicate and set clear expectations for the team, stay on top of new information and passes along to the team; communicates the "Why" behind the information or decision
- Manage enforcement policies including attendance and discipline for the team
- Partner with our onboarding teams to smoothly activate the best restaurants in Cairo
- Act as an ambassador of UberEATS mission, brand, and product
What You'll Need
- Excellent command of Arabic and English
- 2-3 Years of professional experience in a sales/account management environment, B2B is a plus
- Minimum 1 year of people management experience
- Highly motivated to work in a fast paced environment and join a company that makes an impact on communities and cities
- Eager to take new challenges and push himself/herself outside his/her comfort zone
- Passionate into people development, engagement and motivation
- Flexible with working hours and rotational shifts covering 24/7 and ability to work during the official weekends
- Excellent communication & Presentation Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Good Problem solving skills
About the Team
At Uber we don't just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Back to top