Tax Operations Analyst
Uber is expanding rapidly and we are looking to add a highly motivated analyst to our Tax Operations Function in San Francisco. Are you a team player? Technically sharp? Have a love for number-crunching and analytical thinking, possess a passion for details and thrive under pressure? Then Uber offers you an opportunity to work with a stellar team at the heart of the company! Your job is to support the implementation of best practices and enhance the effectiveness of Uber's tax systems, processes and controls. This is an advisory position, but you must have a grasp of tax accounting and compliance concepts and an awareness of international issues facing a fast growing multinational. You will be working within the tax team and helping to shape the internal tax processes as well as supporting new products. In your role you will work with highly motivated, exceptionally talented, multi-cultural individuals.
What you'll do:
- Administer tax technology systems, including ensuring tax department personnel have correct access rights to applications, ensuring applications are up to date and configuration changes are understood, documented and tested before implementation, and performance of regular system audits and pre-close maintenance.
- Develop and deliver end user training and maintain user documentation for all tax technology.
- Maintain the legal entity and account configurations and ensure alignment between the legal, financial and tax systems.
- Support the global tax compliance processes, working with local finance and tax teams and third party providers to ensure information flows effectively, managing against internal preparation and review timelines and escalating issues as necessary.
- Assist in the documentation of requirements related to tax reporting needs, changes to tax technology systems, and new processes.
- Assist in the development of process improvement initiatives, including the creation of tools and enablers, briefing and reference materials and co-ordinate the global roll out of such projects.
- Co-ordination of internal tax reporting and communications, including working with the regional teams to ensure tracking of issues is kept up to date, assisting in the drafting of stakeholder updates and identifying ways to streamline these processes.
- Assist in the launch of new products and initiatives by monitoring roll-out schedules and working with regional tax teams to ensure changes are communicated and tax requirements updated as required.
- Day to day management of tax department budget in respect of third party expenditure, including managing supplier communications, accruals and payments.
- Support special projects by researching and analyzing tax issues and creating appropriate deliverables for use within the tax department and in the broader company.
What we're looking for:
- 3 - 5 years of relevant finance/accounting experience
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, and/or related field
- Deep experience of tax software administration, OneSource Suite preferred
- Expert level Excel skills, deep knowledge of Oracle, awareness of forecasting and other financial systems
- Prior experience with Vertex a plus
- Skills to author requirements documents, technical specifications, interface mapping documents, and process flows
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates strong ownership of tasks
- Strong analytical and tax research skills
- Information Reporting experience, including Form 1099 and Form 1042 compliance and reporting, in a multinational organization environment a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Back to top