Tax Manager, UberEATS and Uber for Business
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do:
- Project manage all tax aspects of new business lines and initiatives, supporting launches in LatAm countries by identifying and documenting unique tax requirements and working with other teams within Uber to bring the vision to life
- Develop expert level knowledge of the information technology environment as it relates to tax, including accounting, consolidation, forecasting systems and tax software as well as related policies and procedures
- Define the tax technology requirements for your business line, including invoicing, cash and user statements, and ensure the overall build, test and rollout is successful
- Manage all tax information reporting process as it applies to your business, including the tax documentation receipt/validation process and partner driver compliance requirements Uber entities in LatAm, including the application of withholding tax
- Assist the regional tax teams to ensure compliance with the defined roll out plans, and identify improvement opportunities based on continuous feedback
- Manage the tax budget for your business line, including liaison with suppliers and local tax teams to ensure that contracts are negotiated competitively and in line with global policies, that monthly accounts payable processes are adhered to and that there are no surprises in the budget vs actual spend analysis
- Support special projects by researching and analyzing tax issues and creating appropriate deliverables for use within the tax department and in the broader company
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of relevant finance/accounting experience
- Deep passion and expertise in financial systems and product management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting / Finance or related field. Knowledge of indirect tax a definite plus
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Partner with internal stakeholders from various parts of the organization and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates strong ownership of tasks
- Skills to author requirements documents, technical specifications, interface mapping documents, and process flows
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top