Tax Manager, APACx
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
At Uber, tax roles are business critical and can have a real impact on our potential growth in each market. Tax at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are excited about being an advocate for change.
As a tax team, we ensure compliance with tax legislation, identify and research tax issues and clearly articulate our findings to management through verbal / written communication and presentations. We uphold strong working partnerships with internal departments and external stakeholders, including tax advisors and tax authorities.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Be an active part of the APAC tax team and collaborate with colleagues in our global tax team
- You have the ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Manage your own portfolio of APAC jurisdictions and support Uber's business with regard to all tax matters
- Be part of a cross-functional team that works on rolling out new products and services in the region
- Review legal contracts from a tax perspective
- Assist with the management of challenging tax matters including corresponding with tax authorities and the provision of tax audit support
- Work in a smart, innovative way to drive improvements to processes, controls and reporting across the region and across operations
- Assist with the preparation and review of tax provision calculations, including return to provision calculations and reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities, ETR analysis, validation of tax balance sheet accounts, valuation allowance and FIN48/FAS5 reserve analysis
- Coordination of tax-related compliance work, including review corporate income tax returns, financial statements and disclosures
- Ensure transfer pricing documentation and intercompany agreement are appropriately prepared, maintained and compliant with jurisdictional requirements for related party transactions
- Monitor and assess new tax legislation and case law for applicability and communicate changes and impact to the APAC region
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience in industry, law firm, and/or Big 4
- Strong understanding of international tax concepts and controversy experience preferred
- Exposure to and experience with a broad range of APAC tax regime is strongly preferred
- Experience leading a team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Excellent research skills
- Detail oriented, analytical, organized, and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high-growth organization and to develop and sustain relationships internally and cross-functionally
- Open to challenging projects outside areas of experience or comfort zone
- International travel is part of the job
Bonus Points If
You come with some Legal training
About the Team
This is an amazing opportunity to join our growing APAC Tax team. We are based in Singapore and have responsibility for all tax aspects of Uber's business in 15 regional countries. If you want to work in a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
Back to top