Tax Analyst - U.S. Indirect
Uber is looking to add an Indirect Tax Analyst to our rapidly growing tax team! This role will report to our Indirect Tax Manager and support our domestic tax function. This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced global environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales/use and indirect tax returns in multiple jurisdictions including processing payments
- Assist with property tax compliance including preparing property tax returns, processing payments and appeals
- Reconcile tax accounts monthly
- Assist in responding to notices and information requests from taxing authorities, including audits
- Research, analyze and compose technical memorandums as assigned
- Assist with state and local business registrations
- Assist in documenting processes and special projects as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Two to three years tax experience in a multi-state environment with solid sales and use tax concepts and laws required
- Masters Degree in Tax, JD and/or CPA certification preferred
- Public Accounting and/or high tech industry experience a plus
- Highly motivated, detail oriented self starter with ability to engage in, prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups
- Proficient with tax research tools, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Oracle or similar ERP system experience a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits on a monthly basis
- Make a difference: we’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- Work with smart, driven co-workers, in a fun office!
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement and company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top