Tax Analyst - Buenos Aires
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do
- Be the primary point of contact in the tax team for City teams in your subregion on business initiatives
- Collaborate with finance team in modeling initiatives for tax purposes
- Provide insights to core business teams on accounting and tax impacts
- Run accounting and tax analysis on business actions for discussion and sign-off with subregional tax leaders
- Close the loop between tax and business team with data for decision
- Keep track of new products or initiatives from your subregions and alignment with regional leadership
- Provide accurate tax cost analysis in order to drive informed decisions from a tax efficiency standpoint
What you'll need
- 2-3 years of experience in finance roles, in-house background, ideally in Fortune 500, US based corporation
- Project management skill set, working with stakeholders around Latin America to drive home projects. You're bilingual in data and storytelling, and know how to translate technical analysis into a human narrative
- Data is your bottom line; you use business judgement and experimentation to measure the impact of taxes to our growth and profitability
- Knowledge on tax systems as SAP, Oracle and others
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
- SQL knowledge a big plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top