Talent Sourcer - Korea (Contract)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
At Uber we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber, Uber. Delivering world class, on-demand transportation and food experiences takes a critical eye for quality and we are searching for talent sourcer who has that and so much more.
Through owning the outbound sourcing strategy, you'll have a direct hand in building and scaling the teams of incredible people in one of the fastest growing technology companies of all time.
We are growing rapidly and need a talent sourcer with hustle to help us strategically build our candidate pipelines for high profile, executive level roles across Asia Pacific, based in Hong Kong. You will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving talent attraction and hiring challenges and can thrive in a startup culture.
This role is not just about knowing when and where to spot top talent - your job is also to get talent through the door. You'll be doing everything from running searches, planning and hosting events and pitching Uber to passive candidates, as well as leveraging the team's network to drive referral campaigns across the region.
What you'll do:
- Source the best and brightest people from every corner of the world) the best and brightest people to join Uber in APAC
- Get creative! Leverage any tool at your disposal to drive results. You know that success in this role means using more than just LinkedIn.
- Understand and be able pitch candidates fluently about our business, our teams and our mission
- Be confident in speaking to senior candidates and liaising with business leaders
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers, recruiters, HQ, people operations and employee resource groups across the Uber globally to hone and execute your talent sourcing strategy
- Work closely with our US and APAC teams to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategies around finding top talent.
- Manage a large pipeline of candidates in a sustainable, communicative and data-driven way. You're #candidateobsessed. When it comes to candidate experience - you know what good looks like.
- Be in-the-know. You'll spread the UberLOVE through hosting networking events, attending meetups and participating in online community discussions.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in talent sourcing or recruiting is preferred, but we'll also consider candidates who are passionate about growing teams and have comparable experience in their chosen industry
- Strong academics required
- World class time management - things move quickly around here, we need someone who is organized and can think on their feet!
- Ownership - the Recruiting team are at the frontline of the Uber business. We expect you to know the ins and outs of Uber and of each team you support
- Proactive - we need someone who can stay one step ahead of the game
- Problem Solver - you may not always have every tool at your fingertips. We need someone who can creatively solve problems and take initiative
- Strong professional communication skills (verbal & written)
- An eye for metrics - Uber loves data!
- Experience with iCIMS or other Applicant Tracking System is a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top