Talent Sourcer - Japan (Internship)
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
At Uber we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber, Uber. Delivering extraordinary, on-demand transportation and food experiences takes a critical eye for quality and we are searching for talent sourcer who has that and so much more.
Through leading the outbound sourcing strategy, you'll have a direct hand in building and scaling the teams of incredible people in one of the fastest growing technology companies of all time.
We are growing rapidly and need a talent sourcer with hustle to help us strategically build our candidate pipelines for high profile, executive level roles across Japan, based in Tokyo. You will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving talent attraction and hiring challenges and can thrive in a startup culture.
This role is not just about knowing when and where to spot top talent - your job is also to get talent through the door. You'll be doing everything from running searches, planning and hosting events and pitching Uber to passive candidates, as well as leveraging the team's network to drive referral campaigns across the region.
What you'll do:
- Source the best and brightest people from every corner of the world) the best and brightest people to join Uber Japan
- Get creative! Leverage any tool at your disposal to drive results. You know that success in this role means using more than just LinkedIn.
- Understand and be able pitch candidates fluently about our business, our teams and our mission
- Be confident in speaking to senior candidates and liaising with business leaders
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers, recruiters, HQ, people operations and employee resource groups across the Uber globally to hone and execute your talent sourcing strategy
- Work closely with our US and APAC teams to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategies around finding top talent.
- Manage a large pipeline of candidates in a sustainable, communicative and data-driven way. You're #candidateobsessed. When it comes to candidate experience - you know what good looks like.
- Be in-the-know. You'll spread the UberLOVE through hosting networking events, attending meetups and participating in online community discussions.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in talent sourcing or recruiting is preferred, but we'll also consider candidates who are passionate about growing teams and have comparable experience in their chosen industry
- Strong academics required
- Extraordinary time management - things move quickly around here, we need someone who is organized and can think on their feet!
- Ownership - the Recruiting team are at the frontline of the Uber business. We expect you to know the ins and outs of Uber and of each team you support
- Proactive - we need someone who can stay one step ahead of the game
- Problem Solver - you may not always have every tool at your fingertips. We need someone who can creatively solve problems and take initiative
- Strong professional communication skills (verbal & written)
- An eye for metrics - Uber loves data!
- Experience with iCIMS or other Applicant Tracking System is a plus
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Brand new, world class office space and advanced technology tools
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top