Systems Test Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
The Systems Test team works to ensure our self-driving technologies are safe, reliable, and meet or exceed the requirements our customers and partners expect. We are seeking talented engineers to help organize and drive the complex testing strategy and activities across the organization.
What you'll do
- Work at the Big Picture level to ensure thorough testing throughout the product lifecycle
- Act as intermediary between product development engineers and test teams to drive test development
- Create use cases for test teams based on emerging capability development
- Build and maintain mapping between product capabilities and tests
- Drive capability vs. test coverage and traceability reporting
- Develop processes to increase testing efficacy
- Ensure technical issues are addressed during development, prototype builds, and launch
- Work independently across teams
What you'll need
- Broad experience in product development of hardware/software/robotic system
- Experience in at least three of the following:
- Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Product Development
- Test Engineering
- Computer simulation testing
- Project management
- Demonstrated ability of requirement management, change control and system level V&V requirements development
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex technical project under time constraints
- Results oriented, with experiencing delivering/launching technical projects to production
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside companies to deliver joint projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or commensurate demonstrable experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top