Systems Engineer - Enterprise Applications
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber Tech Services is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We're looking for team players with natural IT intuition who can work harder, faster and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level.
As the Tech Services - Application Owner (ATG) on the Applications Team, you will be instrumental in defining, executing and maintaining software standards for Uber employees worldwide. Your decisions will contribute to a user platform and experience that is extremely efficient, scalable, and reliable.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Administer, optimize and operate Uber's Google Cloud Platform
- Help design, build, and manage user provisioning and automations systems as well as assist with the day to day high level administration of various SaaS applications and tools
- Own the lifecycle responsibility for requirements gathering, architecting and designing, vetting, building, developing and managing complex automations and/or interactions between existing solutions
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operations managers, and professional staff across other organizational units as it pertains to SaaS automation and provisioning
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist support engineers in solving basic user issues
- Act as system owner and ultimate escalation point for any tools/processes created.
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; operational training and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Hands on and in depth experience with the Administration of Enterprise SaaS solutions such as Google Apps, Box, DropBox, DocuSign, Zoom, and HipChat including command line and Synchronization tools (such as Google Apps Manager and Google Apps Directory Sync)
- Experience designing and configuring SAML SSO and other Identity Access Management related tools and systems
- Experience and familiarity with Oracle and SQL databases
- Thorough familiarity with writing to API interfaces for SaaS applications (SOAP/REST) for user provisioning and automation purposes
- Standards and Protocols: LDAP, RADIUS, HTTP(S), (s)FTP, SSH, XML RPC, REST, JSON, YAML
- Operating Systems: Linux, Mac, Windows
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints
- Excellent environmental testing; test planning and execution skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to decipher highly technical data
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork
- Excellent technical architectural and process documentation skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Desired Qualifications and Skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working with Commercial IAM/Role Management solutions
- Familiarity with undergoing IT/Financial Audit processes and workflows
- Have worked as the primary/super-admin for various SaaS systems including managing complex sharing/permissions schemes
- Experience with SaaS data governance and monitoring solutions such as Netskope and Cloudlock
- Experience building internal Web applications as front-ends to various scripting/coding to assist in automation workflow
- Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and ownership
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
- BS in Computer Science or a closely related technical field
- 3-5 years of industry experience in IT systems administration
Enterprise Ecosystem Knowledge
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top