We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Collaboration Apps team at Uber is seeking a Systems Engineer to own a subset of our application portfolio. You will be responsible for deploying new services, which can range from a point-solution SaaS app for a business unit all the way to a highly-visible company-wide solution. You will manage services with monitoring, vendor engagement, and working with both immediate colleagues and varied business units to serve as the technical SME. You will building an excellent support experience for both our end users and Operations team. You will identify opportunities for automating rote business processes where recurring value can be realized
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- The ability to own multiple applications and deploy them to Uber employees
- The desire to operationalize and standardize the support of those applications in partnership with our Operations team
- Self-starter to manage multiple projects simultaneously while remaining engaged with stakeholders
- Assertive individual who seeks the correct solution to meet business requirements with a mind toward security
What You'll Need
- Appreciation for thorough implementation of a new solution, including gathering data, proof-of-concept of ideas / testing and validating that solution meets the business need
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback/objections
- Experience with engaging vendors regarding critical issues, enhancements, and roadmaps
- Experience operationalizing and standardizing the support framework of applications at scale via the creation of high-quality technical documentation and the design of policies, processes, and procedures
- Experience building detailed proposal, project and support documentation
- Previously a member of a high-functioning, healthy team that performed one or more projects that impacted the entire company
- Acquainted with consuming RESTful APIs for SaaS applications
Back to top