Support Business Partner
At Uber, providing world class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists. With a business as vast and nuanced as ours, solid lines of communication and strong relationships between organizations are an important key to success. We’re looking for an all-star leader, communicator, and strategist to take ownership of the relationship between support and the heart of our business operations — city teams.
The Support Business Partner is the important conduit between the Community Operations and City Operations organizations at Uber. In this role, you’ll be responsible for interpreting and sharing key support insights with stakeholders, being a support-focused thought partner to city teams, and strategically communicating the support / Community Operations message with Ops (and vice versa). This is a highly strategic and consultative role that will require a data-driven mindset, strong communication skills, a passion for great service, and a diplomatic approach to working cross-functionally within an organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the CommOps Cities analyst and your fellow managers to deliver key support-related insights that will drive action in city and regional operations teams.
- Provide feedback based on learnings from Community Operations to help inform and improve the quality of Ops activities
- Collect and disseminate information about Ops activities to relevant CommOps teams (and vice versa)
- Develop a close relationship with key ops stakeholders to help ensure the support perspective is represented in decision making and process development
- Own big-picture development of support programs targeted toward Ops teams, including training and Customer Obsession programming
- Collaborate with other Community Operations teams to scale up local support improvements and assist with local roll-outs of national initiatives
- 2-5 years of experience using data to drive business decisions; High growth, technology, strategy consulting backgrounds preferred
- Experience working in a support environment highly preferred (contact management analytics, Zendesk API familiarity, etc.)
- Proven experience with stakeholder management and communicating cross-functionally
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Experience presenting data visually
- Strong Excel / data management skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top