Studio Design Engineer (CATIA-V5)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for excellence and speed in delivery? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about advancing the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our work will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
What You'll Do
- Provide engineers and designers with early feasibility passes on new interior, and exterior concepts
- Analyze concepts providing strategy on prototyping, manufacturing, and creating hardpoint models/sections
- Manage and translate CAD data between various stakeholders throughout the automotive design process
- Receive, evaluate, and prepare incoming 3D packaging and constraint data from automotive suppliers and partners
- Verify the integrity of outgoing CAD data and manage releases of such data into various PDM systems
- Organize and maintain internal project CAD data filing systems
- Create and manage libraries of Solidworks, CATIA, and ALIAS, components
- Support product engineers, designers and program managers with accessing and presenting CAD models
- Engineer bucks, fixtures, armatures and provide general design studio engineering support for prototypes and mockups
- Part-design, drawing creation, 3D scanning, and 3D printing as needed
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience at an OEM design studio or Tier 1 supplier design team
- Working knowledge of Automotive development, systems and processes
- Minimum 5 years CATIA V5 assembly and mechanical design within automotive or aviation design-studio
- A can-do customer-service-like attitude with abilities to multi-task under pressure in an unstructured environment
- High levels of proficiency in CATIA V5
- TEAMCENTER, ENOVIA or other PDM experience as a plus
- Scanning and 3D printing experience as a plus
- Basic knowledge of ALIAS, Solidworks and NX as a plus
- Knowledge of Ergonomic modeling technology (like RAMSIS) as a plus
- Knowledge of interior and closure international homologation requirements as a plus
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
Back to top