Studio Design Engineer (CATIA-V5)
The Uber Advanced Technology Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our team is comprised of world-renowned engineers with decades of experience.
We are building a world class team to integrate our technologies into vehicles.
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for excellence and speed in delivery? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about advancing the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our work will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide engineers and designers with early feasibility passes on new interior, and exterior concepts
- Analyse concepts providing strategy on prototyping, manufacturing,and creating hardpoint models/sections
- Manage and translate CAD data between various stakeholders throughout the automotive design process
- Receive, evaluate, and prepare incoming 3D packaging and constraint data from automotive suppliers and partners
- Verify the integrity of outgoing CAD data and manage releases of such data into various PDM systems
- Organise and maintain internal project CAD data filing systems
- Create and manage libraries of Solidworks, CATIA, and ALIAS, components
- Support product engineers, designers and program managers with accessing and presenting CAD models
- Engineer bucks, fixtures, armatures and provide general design studio engineering support for prototypes and mockups
- Part-design, drawing creation, 3D scanning, and 3D printing as needed
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience at an OEM design studio or Tier 1 supplier design team
- Working knowledge of Automotive development, systems and processes
- 5 years+ CATIA V5 assembly and mechanical design within automotive or aviation design-studio
- A can-do customer-service-like attitude with abilities to multi-task under pressure in an unstructured environment
- High levels of proficiency in CATIA V5
- TEAMCENTER, ENOVIA or other PDM experience as a plus
- Scanning and 3D printing experience as a plus
- Basic knowledge of ALIAS, Solidworks and NX as a plus
- Knowledge of Ergonomic modeling technology (like RAMSIS) as a plus
- Knowledge of interior and closure international homologation requirements as a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top