Strategy & Planning Manager (US & Canada) - UberEATS
Passionate about high-growth startups? Are you a shown teammate, strategic thinker, and executor? Are you excited to help frame the organizational structure of a high-growth startup? Then let's talk.
The Strategy and Planning Manager will champion high priority projects for the UberEverything business across the US & Canada. Based in San Francisco, but working with teams across the region, this role will help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this fast growing region scale. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details.
As a partner to our city teams, you will help support strategic decision making throughout the region. You should have strong organizational design experience, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek consensus.
What you'll do
- Help set the organizational agenda for the UberEverything business
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions to drive growth of the UberEverything business
- Working closely with other members of the Uber team, measure the impact and efficiency of new features and business processes
- Identify operational weaknesses and help innovate new processes to enhance productivity of our local teams
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting city teams across the country. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives
What you'll need
- 6+ years of consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Extraordinary communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is crucial!
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Extraordinary Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness - You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pursue something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Undergraduate degree from premier university. MBA highly preferred.
- Ground floor opportunity to shape a nascent, rapidly expanding product and organization
- Shape the cities in which we live. We're not just another app, we're moving real assets and are reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, highly-driven co-workers and a fun, relaxed office environment
- Health & Dental benefits; Uber credits; monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable, based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top