Strategy & Planning Manager, Brazil
The Strategy & Planning Manager for Brazil will champion high priority projects in Brazil, as well as across Latin America. Based in Sao Paulo, this role will provide hands-on strategic leadership to help design, prioritize, and implement projects to continue the exponential growth of one of Uber's largest countries. Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging, fast-paced environments in the past, you will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details and give actionable guidance to national and city teams. This role will work across many functions and teams at our local, national, regional, and international offices.
As an early member of Uber's LATAM Regional team, you will help support strategic decision making processes throughout the region through your analytics, heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. The right person for this role should have deep analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to align diverse teams on strategic priorities
What you'll do
- Vision: Working closely with the Head of Strategy & Planning and Regional General Managers across Latin America to align overall regional vision.
- Thought Leadership: Working with all General Managers across Brazil to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices.
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting city teams across the region. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives, not just for Operations, but across key teams within the organization such as Finance, Growth, Marketing, and Product.
- Process Improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions.
- Develop Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships.
- Lead by Example: Be truth-seeking and comfortable with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively, and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Move fast and be biased toward action.
What you'll need
- At least 6 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is very much preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in Portuguese and English; Spanish a plus.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / Google suite / data management skills. SQL Proficiency highly preferred.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- MBA highly preferred.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top