Strategy & Planning Manager
Passionate about strategy, but know how to get stuff done at high-growth, data-rich companies? Do you have strong problem solving & project management skills? Are you a proven team player, thinker, and executor who lives and breathes for the opportunity to work with leaders to turn insight into meaningful change? Then let’s talk.
Strategy & Planning tackles some of Uber’s biggest problems. It works with leaders across the region and across the company on critical projects to define the future of Uber. As a senior member of Uber’s APAC team, you will help support the strategic decision making process throughout the region by framing the right questions, driving projects to get to the right answers and making sure change gets implements. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong analytical skills, excellent time management, project management and organizational habits, an operational mindset and the ability to clearly communicate and present information at all levels of the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with senior leadership to identify and frame questions, drive projects, run analysis and implement change on our most important strategic initiatives
- Identify key issues and operational challenges and triage them effectively so you stay focused on the most impactful things
- Help analyse options or innovate new processes to make our business better, at the global, regional and local city levels
- Develop ways to forecast or measure the impact and efficiency of new products, businesses and processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate reports to help improve decision making on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate with other members of the Uber team across city, regions and the world
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4-8+ years of strategy consulting / investment banking / business intelligence or related experience; analytics and operational experience a plus
- Exceptionally strong communication and organization skills
- Team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Judgement – you should have well honed instincts to know what to work on, what not to work on, and where you can have the most impact day to day
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Exceptional problem solving and data management skills – many say they are great at problem solving, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings impressive experience on both the qual and quant sides (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn).
- Advanced Excel essential, SQL experience a plus
- MBA a plus
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity; by working with senior members of our global operations teams you’ll help shape the direction of the company
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have an amazing team, and access to great list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
You have to be ready to hustle! We move fast…done is better than perfect, and continual iteration is important. This is not a traditional corporate strategy role – you must be ready and excited to learn on your feet, reinvent yourself constantly and keep up with the pace of change at a rapidly growing business.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top