Strategy & Planning Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale - energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical and operational skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and people leader? Do you live and breathe to optimize and scale processes, grow organizations and solve large-scale problems? Then let's talk!
As a key member of Uber's LatAm Regional Operations team, you will work directly with the Head of Regional Ops to lead the strategic decisions and cross-functional efforts of the team, and support operational excellence throughout the region. As such, you will be one of the key points of contact and facilitator in a region comprised of more than 15 countries and over 100 cities (and counting). The ideal candidate for this role has impressive analytical skills, a marked taste for operational challenges, excellent communication and leadership skills.
What you'll do
- Be a thought partner to the Head of Regional Operations in matters of strategy, project management, cross-functional engagement and team management
- Design team roadmap planning, reporting and performance review structures to improve the effectiveness of the Regional Ops team
- Lead cross-functional projects that ensure the region's top priorities (e.g., related to Product and Strategic Investment) are addressed
- Coordinate with regional and local teams to identify, document and quantify the impact and efficiency of best-in-class tools and processes
- Drive strategic analyses and decisions in order to improve operational and financial performance of markets in the region
- Participate in knowledge management and regular feedback collection efforts, and facilitate a culture of transparency and accountability
- Be one of the first points of contact for all interactions with other regions and functions around the world
What you need
- 5+ years of experience in international operations management / project management / strategy consulting or related experience; high-growth operations experience a plus
- MBA or MS in science, engineering, economics, finance or similar field preferred
- Strong charisma and great team player
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Infectious enthusiasm - inalterable motivation toward the multiple challenges you will meet, and the ability to gather troops behind you to tackle them quickly, smartly and efficiently
- Employees are given a number of free Uber rides each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top