Strategy & Planning Lead - Uber Eats, US & Canada
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward. Passionate about high-growth companies and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Are you passionate about turning raw data into meaningful business information? We want to hear from you.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
About the role
The UberEverything (UberEATS) US & Canada Strategy and Planning Lead will lead a team of 4-6 people and work with leadership to set our strategy, align teams around that strategy, and work with business partners to deliver on it. Based in San Francisco, this role will be a partner to US & Canada UberEats leadership.
What you'll do
- Hire and lead a high-performance strategy and planning team of 4-6 people
- Work with leadership to set the business strategy and align teams around that strategy
- Be the top expert in knowing what is happening in the business and the industry
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
- Be a resourceful multi-tasker, supporting city teams across the country. You'll be the go to person for many key strategic initiatives
- Be a strategic thought partner to leaders in different parts of the business
What you'll need
- 8+ years of consulting / business intelligence / strategy / investment banking or related experience; some high-growth operations experience is highly preferred.
- Exceptional communication, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- To have high standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Ownership. Commitment to contributing to Uber's growth in their city and getting the job done.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA highly preferred.
- SQL Proficiency highly preferred.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top