Strategy & Planning Associate - Western Europe
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, and we’re only just getting started.Passionate about high-growth businesses and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Then let’s talk.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to stakeholders across all levels of the business. You will help the strategic decision-making process and support operational excellence throughout the region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and support strategic initiatives involving local (General Management, Partner Operations, Marketing, Community Operations) and regional or mega-regional teams (Strategic Finance, Product)
- Drive analysis and research to identify insights and opportunities for growth, while measuring the impact and efficiency of new initiatives
- Identify operational weaknesses and help document and share processes to keep the local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to track financial and operational performance
- Lead our competitive intelligence efforts
- Manage and run internal meetings, summits and workshops
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-5 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or other related quantitative experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Absolute team player
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to work with remote teams
- Excellent Excel skills, SQL proficiency preferred
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Can do attitude — we are a lean team and responsibilities may fall out of one’s exact job description; we are looking for folks who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective
- Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top