Strategy & Planning Associate - Mexico City
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about high-growth companies and have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Are you passionate about turning raw data into meaningful business information? We want to hear from you.
As an early member of Uber's Strategy & Planning team in Latin America, you will work closely with the Regional Strategy & Planning Lead to help the region achieve its growth targets by supporting business planning, periodic management reporting and various strategic projects that span the business. For this role you should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you'll do
- Support project management of strategic initiatives and special projects related to the existing business, new products and expansion markets
- Drive analysis and research to identify insights and opportunities for growth, while measuring the impact and efficiency of new initiatives
- Continually identify operational weaknesses and help improve or bring forward new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Collaborate with Uber teams across the region to lend analytical and strategic thinking to setting and tracking financial and operational targets
- Build, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to provide information that assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
What you'll need
- Excellent analytical skills - you bring Excel proficiency and the understanding that there's always more to learn. The ability to work with large data sets, synthesize findings and communicate recommendations is critical. SQL experience a plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- We are looking for a strategic thought partners to join our senior team that can balance a well formed perspective with humility
- Exceptional organisational skills - Time management and great follow through on tasks is important, yet you should also have a comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and improvisation.
- The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- Communication skills - be able to speak and write English and Spanish
- Employees are given a number of free Uber rides each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top