Strategy & Planning Associate- Andean
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn large amounts of raw data into meaningful business information? Then let's talk.
As an integral member of Uber's Latin America Strategy & Planning team, you will help the strategic decision-making process and support operational excellence across the region. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly present information.
What you'll do:
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to improve operational and financial performance of cities in the region
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
- Coordinate with country teams to identify, document and quantify the impact and efficiency of our amazing tools and processes
What you'll need:
- 2-3+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related experience
- Passion for collaboration, you are a team player
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Self-starter attitude - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Excellent Excel / data management skills - you bring some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- SQL experience highly preferred
- Employees are given a number of free Uber rides each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top