Strategy & Planning Analyst
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As a member of the Brazil Strategy & Planning team in Sao Paulo, you will work closely with the Brazil Strategy & Planning Manager to help the region achieve its growth objectives by supporting business planning, periodic management reporting and various strategic projects that span the business. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills and attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support project management of strategic initiatives and special projects related to the existing business, new products and expansion markets
- Drive analysis and research to identify insights and opportunities for growth, while measuring the impact and efficiency of new initiatives
- Continually identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Collaborate with Uber teams across the region to lend analytical and strategic thinking to setting and tracking financial and operational objectives
- Build, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to provide information that assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Relevant experience - 1-3+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus; familiarity with Financial and Managerial Accounting concepts important
- Strong analytical skills - Ideal candidate brings Excel proficiency and the understanding that there's always more to learn. The ability to work with large data sets, synthesize findings and communicate recommendations is critical. SQL experience a plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Critical thinking skills - We are looking for not just a quant jock, but a strategic thought partner to our senior team that can balance a well formed perspective with humility
- Superior organisational skills - Time management and great follow through on tasks is important, yet you should also have a comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and improvisation.
- Self-starter attitude - The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top