Strategy & Planning Analyst
The Strategy & Planning Analyst will deliver high priority projects across the Community Operations organization, which is responsible for providing customer support to the rider and driver-partner community. Based in San Francisco, but working with teams around the world, this role will provide critical business insights to help identify opportunities and implement operational improvements.
As a member of the Community Operations Team, you will drive the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to our community’s support experience. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive analysis on globe-spanning projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for our partner drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- 1-5 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
- SQL experience a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top