Strategy & Planning Analyst- Community Operations
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
The Strategy & Planning Analyst will deliver high priority projects across the Community Operations organization, which is responsible for providing customer support to the rider and driver-partner community. Based in Mexico City, but working with teams around the world, this role will provide critical business insights to help find opportunities and implement operational improvements.
As a member of the Community Operations Team, you will drive the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to our community's support experience. You have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for partners at all levels of the business.
What you'll do:
- Drive analysis on globe-spanning projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for our partner drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What you'll need:
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- 1-5 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Real teammate.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a requirement!
- Extraordinary Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- SQL experience a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top