Strategy Operations Data Analyst - Uber Freight
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Uber Freight business is growing rapidly and has its unique set of strategic and operational challenges. The Strategy Operations team is tasked with informing and qualifying our decisions with data in order to drive sustainable growth. The projects include geographic expansion, service expansion, business intelligence and visualization, data products, and anything else our team needs to scale as rapidly as possible. As the business grows, we need more and more technical skills in order to serve the business and our teams. This is where you come in.
Uber Freight is looking for a technical analyst with some serious ops resourcefulness: someone who isn't afraid to jump into the front lines to figure out the business and operational problems, and has the technical skills find or build a better solution; someone who is passionate about driving impact by democratizing data and empowering the team; someone who understands and speaks operations and data equally well.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamWhat you'll do
- Define and quantify core business metrics like load density and carrier capacity to identify gaps in operation and drive more targeted growth
- Validate expansion strategy with transaction and market data in order to align and aid team execution
- Build analytics tools and frameworks to empower operations teams with reliable sources of data and insight to drive day-to-day decisions
- Identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks using our internal data and deliver solutions
- Visualize geospatial transaction and driver data to better inform the team of network density and reliability
What you'll need
- Minimum 2 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; Fast-growing, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background, or data engineering
- Strong quantitative background: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- High proficiency with complex SQL and R / Python.
- Resourceful, innovative mindset. You are comfortable venturing into unknown territory and learning new things/technologies in order to find solutions
- Steadfast focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable leading projects with many moving, cross-functional parts & getting the result delivered on time
- Positive and team oriented "can-do" attitude
Bonus Points if
Back to top