Strategy Manager - Central Ops, EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical and operational skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and people leader? Do you live and breathe to optimize and scale processes, grow organizations and solve large-scale problems? Then let's talk.
As a key member of Uber's EMEA Central Operations team, you will work directly with the Head of Central Ops to lead the strategic decisions and cross-functional efforts of the team, and support operational excellence throughout the region. As such, you will be one of the key points of contact and facilitator in a region comprised of more than 40 countries and about 100 cities (and counting). The ideal candidate for this role should have impressive analytical skills, a marked taste for operational challenges, excellent communication and leadership skills and the ability to have at all time both the big picture of the situation and an exhaustive knowledge of the smallest details.
What you'll do
- Provide strategic guidance to organization-wide plans and projects that require the Head of Central Ops oversight. Be a thought partner to the Head of Central Operations in matters of long-term strategy, project management, cross-functional engagement and team management
- Work directly with the Head of Central Ops on an individual and collective basis to ensure that all of the data required for decision making is presented in good time and in good order. Drive strategic analyses and decisions in order to improve operational and financial performance of markets in the region
- Serve as project manager on key initiatives.
- Provide operational support to the the Head of Central Ops, including budgeting and planning events and activities.
- Manage a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines.
- Facilitate communication to and from the Head of Central Ops' meetings and drive key processes and initiatives within the organization and across Uber.
- Design team planning, reporting and performance review structures
- Coordinate with regional and local teams to identify best-in-class tools and processes. Lead knowledge management and regular feedback collection efforts, and facilitate a culture of transparency and accountability
- Optimize processes to keep our Central team, and EMEA operations, as effective as possible
- Be one of the first points of contact for all interactions with other regions and functions around the world
What you'll need
- 6-8 years of experience in international operations management / project management / strategy consulting or related experience; high-growth operations experience a plus
- MS in science, engineering, economics, finance or similar field
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and credibility
- Ability to identify problems and create programs and processes to solve them
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, and experience in managerial topics
- Ability to manage highly confidential information with sensitivity and professionalism
- Passion for Uber's mission and an evangelist for our brand
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Infectious enthusiasm - inalterable motivation toward the multiple challenges you will meet, and the ability to gather troops behind you to tackle them quickly, smartly and efficiently
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top