Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
As an early member of Uber’s operations team, you will work closely with the subregional GM to help the region achieve its growth objectives by supporting business planning, periodic management reporting and various strategic projects that span the business. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills and attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support project management of strategic initiatives and special projects related to the existing business, new products and expansion markets
- Drive analysis and research to identify insights and opportunities for growth, while measuring the impact and efficiency of new initiatives
- Continually identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Collaborate with Uber teams across the region to lend analytical and strategic thinking to setting and tracking financial and operational objectives
- Build, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to provide information that assist city-level and sub regional efforts
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Relevant experience – 1-3+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus; familiarity with Financial and Managerial Accounting concepts important
- Strong analytical skills – Ideal candidate brings Excel proficiency and the understanding that there’s always more to learn. The ability to work with large data sets, synthesize findings and communicate recommendations is critical. SQL experience a plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Critical thinking skills – We are looking for not just a quant jock, but a strategic thought partner to our senior team that can balance a well formed perspective with humility
- Superior organisational skills – Time management and great follow through on tasks is important, yet you should also have a comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and improvisation
- Self-starter attitude – The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Employees are give Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity; As an early member of our strategy and planning team you’ll help shape the direction of the company
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
You have to be ready to hustle! Hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast…done is better than perfect, and continual iteration is important. If you are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business, let us know!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top