Strategy & Analytics, Uber Everything
We are transforming the way the world moves. Today, Uber already gets millions of people where they need to be in more than 350 cities and 70 countries.
With Uber Everything we’re building Uber’s next set of businesses; whether it’s delivering food within 10 min with UberEATS or sending things across town with UberRUSH, you will be involved in some of the new exciting business lines coming out of Uber. If done right, we believe that this will transform communities, power businesses and fundamentally change the way people live in a city.
Initially focused on UberEATS, we are looking for an experienced marketing analyst who is passionate about playing a pivotal role in defining how marketing performance is measured. Responsibilities span different acquisition & engagement channels, improving targeting techniques, tracking, analytical insights, and predictive modeling related to marketing spend. This person will help solve the complexity of balancing marketing effectiveness with growth and optimization.
In this role you’ll be an important partner to performance, CRM, SEO, growth & product marketing teams.
- Report across our audiences (consumer, business and delivery partner) to gain a better understanding of usage behaviors and impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Be a key partner to the performance marketing & CRM teams. Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc.
- Determine the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments.
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into cohort and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
- Implement and analyze A/B or multivariate tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the test data and understanding of marketing drivers’ effects.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Use tools such as Excel, MixPanel and Looker to work efficiently at scale.
- BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, or commensurate experience.
- 3+ years in a business analytics or consulting role. Focus with growth marketing (performance, direct response, etc) and CRM/database marketing a big plus.
- Can move beyond just pulling data. Can take the next step to derive insights and recommendations from data, turning it into actionable marketing insights.
- Strong data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboards that provide clear and actionable insights for end users.
- Fluency in SQL is a must, ideally using Vertica, Hive, and Presto. Uber has immense reporting databases that require smart, efficient queries to find insights.
- R / Python experience a plus, but not required.
- Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team.
- Uber employees are given Uber credit each month
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical / dental / vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of this business.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top