Strategic & Planning Data Scientist - Community Operations
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
The S&P Data Scientist will take a data driven approach to informing decisions and process improvements critical to the success of our support organization within any given line of business. You will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep knowledge of the product, a real passion for agent success and strong customer support, and analytical skills to inform policies and processes that are simultaneously the best for the business, the agent, and the customer. You should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, a creative and problem solving mindset, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you'll do
- Drive analysis on projects/experiments and use that to inform important strategic decisions improving the support experience for drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Work closely with specific Lines of Business to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy and service model
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- 1-5 years of experience using data to drive business decisions; Fast-growing, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background.
- SQL fluency required
- Skill with other programming languages such as R and/or Python highly preferred.
- Experience working in a support environment highly preferred (contact management analytics, Zendesk API familiarity, etc.)
- Ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a requirement!
- Experience presenting data visually
- Extraordinary Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, few truly are. You´ll bring some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top