Strategic Operations, Xchange Leasing - Internship/Co-op
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange is a subsidiary of Uber, providing flexible leases to potential and current Uber drivers in the US. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our drivers world-class credit solutions, and are and will continue to expand at a triple digit rate over the coming years. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE.
Reporting to the Strategic Operations Manager, our Strategic Operations Internship is an opportunity to own key strategic processes within Xchange Leasing. The job calls for a combination of creative problem solving, understanding of auto lease economics, deal making, and hustle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help us build and scale a brand-new vehicle leasing company by solving problems and making things happen
- Example duties might include:
- Designing and rolling out new processes nationwide
- Fixing/optimizing current processes
- Owning and being accountable for key business metric(s)
- Creating creative partnerships with internal and external parties to make new and incredible things happen
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF THINGS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bias to action – can make quick decisions and execute
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically, on your feet; we don’t have time for big “studies”
- Candidate should be excel-savvy and enjoys getting into analyses and numbers
- Not afraid to take a phone call with or hop on a plane to meet a stranger
- Must be willing to get hands dirty and get into the details
- Is excited and not at all intimidated by the thought of building something really big really fast
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in a field related to business, economics, finance, with a graduation date no earlier than December 2017
- Interested in going into a business role around strategy/planning/operations
- Available for 12 weeks of continuous employment
- Must be returning to at least one quarter of school upon completion of internship
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks.
- Monthly housing stipend, reimbursement for cell phone bill and credits for Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Opportunity for full time employment upon successful completion of the internship.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top