Strategic Operations Manager - Toronto
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Strategic Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on cities across Canada through the growth and optimization of the Uber's services. The work of local teams directly correlates to continually improving the rider and driver experience, while minimizing costs, and building operational efficiency. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking, strong interpersonal skills, and the drive to own execution and business outcomes, in the service of being a great partner to our valuable driver-partner base, our riders, and the cities where we operate.
Uber is generating vast amounts of data in every one of our cities every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: streamline driver-partner onboarding, ensure balance in the marketplace, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, and more. The role is ultimately responsible for making sure we use data to solve challenges, and build a robust, growing, and profitable marketplace.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop analytical frameworks, build models, and engage our customers to then present findings which inform company in decision-making
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new products, policies, and processes
- Collaborate with other city, central operations, marketing and product teams to translate insights into execution of strategic initiatives
- Design, build, execute, and manage new processes and programs to help our business grow and to deliver a better experience for riders and drivers
- Build competitive advantage by redesigning the driver onboarding process to increase conversion and reduce time to first trip in heavily regulated markets
- Refine our partner engagement initiatives that assist drivers through the early lifecycle to increase driver engagement and reduce driver churn
- Work with the Ontario Marketplace team to develop our understanding of network dynamics and specific pain points in the local rider/driver experience and design solutions to address them
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to develop, test, and roll-out technical solutions that improve the Uber experience for riders and drivers across Ontario
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree required and at least 2 years of work experience
- Team player mentality and readiness to take the lead on difficult problems
- Demonstrated ability to set a clear vision and deliver impact on priority projects
- Attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity in an ever-changing environment
- Preference given to those already proficient in SQL, Excel, and data analysis
Back to top