Strategic Operations Manager - Indonesia Expansion
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Driver Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to develop partnerships.
This is an rigorous business side role, and you will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the business.
What you'll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability.
- Analytics - Analysis of driver, partners, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system.
- Expansion Planning - Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding the business to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans.
- Strategy - Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
- Product Improvement - Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and partner experience.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go-getter attitude - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value.
What you'll need
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our driver and partners
- Partnership management or business development experience
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through thorough analytical thinking
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Corporate strategy or business development background with a willingness to get into the details
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Uber credits every month for taking trips
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co--workers in a enjoyable and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we regularly engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Full--time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top