Strategic Operations Manager - Indonesia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Strategic Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to develop partnerships.
This is an rigorous business side role, and you will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the business.
What You'll Do
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability.
- Analytics - Analysis of driver, partners, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system.
- Expansion Planning - Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding the business to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans.
- Strategy - Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
- Product Improvement - Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and partner experience.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go-getter attitude - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our driver and partners
- Partnership management or business development experience
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through thorough analytical thinking
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top