Strategic Operations Analyst, UberEVERYTHING (San Francisco based)
Are you passionate about high-growth companies and solving complex problems? Are you an energetic team player that is comfortable rolling up your sleeves, digging into a process, and coming out with data-driven insights and action items? Data drives the core of UberEATS and UberRUSH operations, and we have a challenge for you.
As a Strategic Operations Analyst on the UberEverything team, you will drive initiatives ranging from operating model optimization to quantitative user research, creating and optimizing processes along the way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interface with the product and operations teams to identify opportunities and threats to the operating model
- Geospatial analyses to drive optimization of distribution model
- Develop analytical frameworks and processes for collecting quantitative information on delivery quality
- Assist UberRUSH city teams in the creation and analysis of experiments
- Create, execute and automate user satisfaction analysis
- Build and maintain dashboards that keep a pulse on our business. Highlight and dive into any impactful trends as we see them.
- Write queries and perform ad hoc data analysis to assist RUSH city teams in tracking KPIs, deep diving into challenges and quantifying opportunities.
- Drive analysis on our globe-spanning UberRUSH expansion plans
- Organize and lead meetings with stakeholders in order to gather important data and push for decisions
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep UberRUSH city teams as efficient as possible
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1-3 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- BS/Masters in Business, Engineering, Math, Physics, CS, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field
- Expert SQL experience required
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
- You’re just as comfortable diving into numbers with the quant team as you are leading a meeting with executives
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Attention to detail; accuracy is a must, even when moving at the speed of Uber
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional team members within the organization
- A preference for quality over quantity – you get the math right and aspire to build the right solution; you appreciate being part of a team that holds each other to a high bar
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the UberEATS business line
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
You have to be ready to hustle! You must be ready and excited to learn on your feet, bring a fresh perspective to the team, and help build a growing business.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top