Strategic Channel Partner
Uber For Business, launched in July 2014, allows employees to bill their trips directly to their company. A centralized billing system provides administrators, team leads and small business owners a reliable transportation option backed by detailed trip information, minimizing the administrative needs behind travel. The solution also helps employees by connecting them with safe, reliable Uber rides without the hassle of filing and reconciling expenses.
Useful links: Uber for Business release blog post: http://blog.uber.com/business
Landing page: https://www.uber.com/business
While sales teams go about selling into medium and large accounts, there is large opportunity to partner with an ecosystem of players whose strategic imperatives align well with that of U4B, and who can sell U4B to their customer base on Uber’s behalf. It thus becomes imperative to plug into such an ecosystem of partners that can be the force- multiplier to accelerate U4B’s growth in the region.
Role and responsibilities
- The role would include, amongst other activities, the following:
- Map out the ecosystem of relevant industry partners with whom U4B can collaborate, Articulate and quantify the proposition that make such a partnership mutually beneficial for Uber and the partner company.
- Craft a business model / go-to market construct that would best serve U4B’s goals to acquire new customers profitably and sustainably; work out appropriate pricing and incentive mechanisms that ensure the successful deployment of such an initiative.
- Set the targets and goals of each partnership with roles and responsibilities at Uber and partner end; work on term sheet and execute contract on these lines with partner
- Train and coach partner company’s sales teams on U4B and the sales process.
- Create mechanisms/dashboards/metrics to monitor progress of partnership.
- Work with U4B sales teams and Uber city teams to ensure successful deployment of the partnership to achieve intended sales/revenue targets and other outcomes
- Participate in periodic team reviews and updates on business progress, best practice sharing etc.
- Would require creating documents like process playbooks, performance trackers etc.
- An MBA from a premier institution with 6-9 years of B2B sales experience in the technology space Deal maker..
- Relevant Business Development and Channel Partner management experience Entrepreneur manager: Highly motivated individual who can work without continuous supervision and be responsible of all aspects of business in his/her market.
- Very articulate and effective communicator as many conversations will happen at CXO levels.
- Sincere, meticulous and dedicated individual who loves the challenge of B2B sales.
- A team player with a pleasant disposition and works well with cross functional teams
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top