Strategic Accounts, Uber Freight Chicago
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job:
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
Our Enterprise Account Executive will own the growth and development of key strategic accounts, contributing directly to the top line growth of Uber Freight to expand and manage our shipper partners. The ideal candidate is motivated by building and shaping the future, experienced managing large accounts, a proven operator, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, is always driving small improvements in process, hustles, and loves making something from nothing.
What you'll do:
- Forge strategic alliances with new shippers and transportation partners to achieve Uber Freight's goals
- Prepare sales strategy; build relationships, listen to the market, and bring proposals to both new and current partners
- Work with companies and organizations to drive adoption of Freight's current product suite while seeking new opportunities to grow revenue and expand the partnership
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, deliver critical business insights, and launch initiatives that transform the market
- Partner with the Freight Legal team on agreement structuring; own the full negotiation process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and creatively solve complex challenges.
- Drive decision-making on all agreement mechanics, oversee implementation/launch and transition partners to the partner management team
- In-person meetings with clients, attend industry conferences/events, and build your own network within the logistics/transportation industry
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of business development, consulting, or strategic technology sales experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit: The Freight team is evolving every day and requires highly motivated independent individual who will be responsible for all aspects of business in their market
- Sincere, meticulous, adaptable, and dedicated team-player who gets energy from building businesses
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication and relationship building skills with technical teams, lawyers, and executives
- Logistics industry experience preferred but not required
- BS or BA Degree, MBA Degree - Preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top