State Manager, WA - Perth
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale; energising local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities in which we operate, and that drives us to keep moving forward. Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localise it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders.
We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the growth of their city.
About the Role:
As a State Manager, you will lead the local operations team, and will be personally key to the growth and success of Uber in your city. You'll lead a team of Managers and Associates and align their efforts to grow the business and support Uber in your city.
State Managers are strong, effective and empathetic communicators - ensuring people understand our impact and mission. As the local face of Uber, you'll represent the business at events and in front a wide range of external stakeholders, including government officials, business partners or the media.
You will shape an environment where your team loves coming to work every day. We're looking for someone who is an incredible leader and loves developing talented, fast-growing teams. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a knack for the commercial side of the business. You can quickly use data and information to make sound business decisions that drive the growth and sustainability of Uber in your city. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so you deeply understand your market, local regulations and are able to devise and deliver custom solutions to make every Uber trip a seamless experience for our riders and driver-partners.
You and your team seek out problems in your city and innovate ways to use our technology to help solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our technology to be the best it can be.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- 8+ years professional experience: Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments. You are at the top of your professional field and have always excelled -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Passionate about managing an amazing team - You excel at working with diverse teams, seeing different points of view, and building solutions together. Developing great minds is what you love.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get things done" attitude and willingness to get "in the trenches" to work with our stakeholders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Analytical rigour - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- External communication - Being the face of Uber in your city, you will draw on your experience in the spotlight to represent Uber in the best possible way.
- Free Uber rides!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a enjoyable office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top