State Manager, NSW - Sydney
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a State Manager, you will lead the local operations team, and will be personally key to the growth and success of Uber in your city. You'll lead a team of Managers and Associates and align their efforts to grow the business and support Uber in your city.
State Managers are strong, effective and empathetic communicators - ensuring people understand our impact and mission. As the local face of Uber, you'll represent the business at events and in front a wide range of external stakeholders, including government officials, business partners or the media.
You will shape an environment where your team loves coming to work every day. We're looking for someone who is an incredible leader and loves developing talented, fast-growing teams. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a knack for the commercial side of the business. You can quickly use data and information to make sound business decisions that drive the growth and sustainability of Uber in your city. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so you deeply understand your market, local regulations and are able to devise and deliver custom solutions to make every Uber trip a seamless experience for our riders and driver-partners.
You and your team seek out problems in your city and innovate ways to use our technology to help solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our technology to be the best it can be.
What you'll need
- 8+ years professional experience: Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments. You are at the top of your professional field and have always excelled -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Passionate about managing an amazing team - You excel at working with diverse teams, seeing different points of view, and building solutions together. Developing great minds is what you love.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get things done" attitude and willingness to get "in the trenches" to work with our stakeholders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Analytical rigour - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- External communication - Being the face of Uber in your city, you will draw on your experience in the spotlight to represent Uber in the best possible way.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top