Staff Software Engineer - Storage Platform
Staff Software Engineer – Storage Platform
Engineering in San Francisco, CA
Want to apply your deep systems engineering expertise to making the next generation of Uber’s storage systems the most performant, efficient, robust, and flexible to use in the industry? Want to get in at a stage where you can help lay down the architecture our systems will follow for years to come? Want to unlock the potential of Uber’s product engineers to magnify the world-changing impact of our products by coming up with innovative systems that are uncommonly simple and natural to use?
Uber is seeking staff-level engineering candidates with a proven breadth and depth of experience to help take our storage systems to the next level. In return, we offer an unmatched opportunity to find the challenges that will take you to the next level.
The Storage Platform team builds and operates Uber’s online storage. We use a mix of internally-developed systems and open-source software such as Cassandra and Elasticsearch. We are continually enhancing the robustness, performance, and scalability of our existing systems, while at the same time evaluating opportunities to introduce new systems and components that will take us to the next level in horizontal scalability, availability, and ease of use. Join us to shape the future of Uber’s storage infrastructure!
- Deep expertise in systems engineering at scale in storage or related domains.
- Proven track record as reflected by attainment of Staff Engineer level or above on a premier tech company engineering ladder, or comparable achievement elsewhere.
- Ruthless dedication to automation and to engineering production systems for reliability and operability.
- Obsession with understanding what your customers need and making what you build delightful for them to use.
- Ability to think broadly and to build alliances across teams; fierce but optimistic in pursuit of the best solution.
- Ample Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world and build a product everyone around you is using. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top