Staff Software Engineer - Serverless Platform
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
Uber is looking for Staff Software Engineer for the Serverless platform team to build scalable, distributed services that will be used by thousands of internal development teams. Uber is building a serverless platform that will change the way engineers think about writing and running their services and functions. We are looking for a Staff Engineer that will be driving major parts of development of this platform and help us to revolutionize software engineering from writing code to operating it in production. If you are excited and a little bit "scared" by scale, come talk to us. Our goal is to make backend development seamless & frictionless and enable engineers to go from idea to production in hours. We're part of the Infrastructure group, and that makes us the engineers for the engineers. If you want to feel and see that your contributions matter, if you love working in a dynamic, agile, continually improving environment, if you are up to a challenge of building services that will take Uber forward, come talk to us.
Qualities we're looking for:
- You can work across teams in our rapidly growing company and drive standardization.
- You love building large distributed systems
- You are not afraid to challenge existing preconceptions with a goal of making developer experience a pure magic.
- You love making complicated things - very simple.
- You easily break down requirements into architecture and deliver code, while keeping operational issues in mind
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
Skills we're looking for:
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, Go, C#
- Experience creating and operating distributed systems at a very large scale.
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from front-end to back-end would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top