Staff Software Engineer - Developer Platform
Staff Software Engineer – Developer Platform
Uber is looking for Staff Software Engineer for the Developer Platform team to build seamless, innovative solutions for taking services through various stages of life-cycle. Forget about DevOps, we want to push the boundary of what’s possible to make engineers forget about infrastructure and focus on releasing incredible features for our customers. This person would work across many Uber organizations to unify our solutions into a seamless flow. We’re part of the Infrastructure group, and that makes us the engineers for the engineers. If you want to feel and see that your contributions matter, if you love working in dynamic, agile, continually improving environment, if you are up to a challenge of building services & tools that will take Uber to the next level, come tall to us.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- You can work across teams in our rapidly growing company and drive standardization.
- You are not afraid to challenge existing preconceptions with a goal of making developer experience a pure magic.
- You love making complicated things – very simple.
- You easily break down requirements into architecture and deliver code, while keeping operational issues in mind
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
Skills we’re looking for:
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, Go, C#
- Experience with existing development frameworks in large companies.
- Experience with high performance and scalable software in distributed systems
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from front-end to back-end would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top