Staff Software Engineer - Core Infrastructure
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's Core Infrastructure team is seeking experienced Staff Software Engineers to help build the future of urban transportation. Sound interesting? We'd like to hear from you.
What you'll need
- To understand computers and what happens when a lot of them get together in a room.
- We're building cross-datacenter, multi-master systems. We need engineers who think about monitoring, fault-tolerance, durability and scalability.
- Experience with code optimization and run-time analysis. Do you dream of strace output? Please join us.
- Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. Do you know where to use a red-black tree and where to use a hashtable? Let's talk.
- Beyond being able to use a database, do you know how they work? Do you care? We do.
- Our core language is Python. Familiarity is preferred but not at all required as long as you're excited to learn Python.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to make it happen.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top