Sr University Recruiter
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a Senior University Recruiter who has the same critical eye. Our recruiters must be able to find the best talent while delivering an extraordinary candidate experience.
We are growing rapidly and need someone with hustle to help us plan and execute on a robust and scalable university hiring program. If you're ready to show off your powerhouse program planning and recruiting skills, this may be the position for you.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems, and can thrive while working in ambiguities, inherent in startup culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow, and running an efficient process to keep it moving.
- Self-driven. You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through to drive big projects through to completion. You don't get easily overwhelmed, you see it as a puzzle to solve.
- A clear communicator. You can set and establish clear goals for the project teams you're in and work with all types of people. You always have compassion for your candidates and hiring teams.
- Passionate about candidate experience. You're respectful of candidates and the stressful process a job hunt can be. You're innovative, very creative, and constantly looking for ways to find top talent.
- Confident. You are convincing to top leadership and get them on board because you know your stuff and have the data to back up your recommendations. You're excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Fun. You're a charismatic person who can talk to anyone.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on and solving problems.
- A builder. You've created processes to get through vast candidate pipelines and are willing to help out wherever needed.
- Critical thinking. You have the ability to pull yourself out of the tactical day-to-day and see the long term opportunities available.
- You will support our hiring managers with campus hiring initiatives, building great teams and partnering wherever needed.
- Effectively manage and analyze candidate pipeline health to ensure delivery of key performance recruiting metrics.
- Own the reporting of key performance recruiting metrics and identify trends.
- Advise and mentor recruiters to ensure tactical execution and strategic success in university recruiting initiatives.
- Create and drive new campus hiring programs/initiatives for our Technical, Operations and Corporate teams.
- Effectively manage massive candidate pipelines while making each candidate feel like they're the only one you're talking to.
- Be hyper-knowledgeable about our business and be on point for offer negotiation and HR-related questions (i.e. benefits, comp, etc).
- Spread the UberLOVE by planning strategies for campus events, networking nights, and career fairs.
- Work to improve upon existing process and develop innovative strategy around finding our future crew.
- Manage relationships across multiple teams - expect to own the hiring needs of many.
- Showcase your passion for campus hiring. That means intimate knowledge of curriculum, competitor best practices, and relationships with top-tier schools around the world.
- Engage with eager alumni within Uber to successfully translate that energy into amazing engagement opportunities with students.
- 3-5 years university recruiting experience in a dynamic, high demand environment, with a minimum of 2 years program management experience.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- Technically savvy, with iCIMS or other ATS experience preferred.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of University Recruiting and the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Cell phone & gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically urges people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top