Sr Technical Program Manager - Security
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Technology Services – Sr. Technical Program Manager Security
UBER is changing the way people and things move in cities. In support of our rapid growth, our Technology Services team is looking to expand the existing project execution capabilities with a tech savvy, enthusiastic, and security focused Sr. Technical Project Manager.
The right person will thrive in a fast paced, "all hands on deck" environment, and can move quickly as a builder and do'er in a culture that supports ingenuity, empowerment, and ownership.
You have a commanding presence and demonstrate deep knowledge and expertise with information technology security and have direct experience with infrastructure, networks, endpoints, and applications with a keen eye on details and dependencies between different areas.
- Technical Project Management. Manage multiple technical projects including scope definition, planning and execution. This includes creation and communication of end-to-end project plans, clearly outlining dependencies and ownership. Enable the engineers by providing technical interaction and guidance when applicable.
- Security Focused. Work alongside elite engineers to secure a global infrastructure.
- Business Focused. Drive efforts based on business benefit and overall value.
- Master Planner: Partner with the execution teams to build project/work plans across multiple dependencies.
- Prioritization. Work with the project team members to prioritize work both internal and external to the project.
- Resource Management. Work with the project team to define and track the projects different technical and non-technical resources.
- Task Master. Continuous tracking and follow up on the different efforts and tasks.
- Vendor Management. Engage and oversee vendors and contract resources that may be required.
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES
- Natural leader. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Knowledgeable. Experience and knowledge of engineering projects, with an in depth working knowledge of PM lifecycle processes, including both agile and waterfall. Communication. Excellent written and oral communications
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed. Partnering cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Analytically oriented. You have excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrix and relationship-based organization.
- 5+ years' experience in technical project management in a fast-paced, "startup-like" corporate IT environment.
- Experienced securing the following technologies:
- Global multi-purpose authentication systems
- Virtual, On-Prem systems and Cloud services
- System management, devops and automation
- Networks, bandwidth, latency
- Cross-System and data integrations
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top