Sr Technical Program Manager - Security
Technology Services – Sr. Technical Program Manager Security
UBER is changing the way people and things move in cities. In support of our rapid growth, our Technology Services team is looking to expand the existing project execution capabilities with a tech savvy, enthusiastic, and security focused Sr. Technical Project Manager.
The right person will thrive in a fast paced, “all hands on deck” environment, and can move quickly as a builder and do’er in a culture that supports ingenuity, empowerment, and ownership.
You must possess a commanding presence and demonstrate deep knowledge and expertise with information technology security and have direct experience with infrastructure, networks, endpoints, and applications with a keen eye on details and dependencies between different areas.
- Technical Project Management. Manage multiple technical projects including scope definition, planning and execution. This includes creation and communication of end-to-end project plans, clearly outlining dependencies and ownership. Enable the engineers by providing technical interaction and guidance when applicable.
- Security Focused. Work alongside world-class engineers to secure a global infrastructure.
- Business Focused. Drive efforts based on business benefit and overall value.
- Master Planner: Partner with the execution teams to build project/work plans across multiple dependencies.
- Prioritization. Work with the project team members to prioritize work both internal and external to the project.
- Resource Management. Work with the project team to define and track the projects different technical and non-technical resources.
- Task Master. Continuous tracking and follow up on the different efforts and tasks.
- Vendor Management. Engage and oversee vendors and contract resources that may be required.
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES
- Natural leader. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Knowledgeable. Experience and knowledge of engineering projects, with an in depth working knowledge of PM lifecycle processes, including both agile and waterfall. Communication. Excellent written and oral communications
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed. Partnering cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Analytically oriented. You have excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrix and relationship-based organization.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical project management in a fast-paced, “startup-like” corporate IT environment.
- Experienced securing the following technologies:
- Global multi-purpose authentication systems
- Virtual, On-Prem systems and Cloud services
- System management, devops and automation
- Networks, bandwidth, latency
- Cross-System and data integrations
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with UBER credits
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and UBER credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing UBER to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top