Sr Technical Program Manager - Privacy and Access
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role executing high-impact company-wide initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations.
TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
About the job:
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are seeking a talented technical program manager to join our Security team in San Francisco. This individual will drive a world class privacy and access program, owning the strategy and execution of multiple business critical privacy and access related initiatives.
Who you are:
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security with a particular passion for privacy and access. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You are ready to face a wide range of security questions and challenge the status quo when you see things that can be done better. You are a subject matter expert in the privacy and access domain and push innovative ideas that solve technical and organizational challenges at scale.
What you'll do:
- Drive the adoption of security frameworks and best practices at every layer of the stack
- Map critical business priorities to dependencies and align cross-functional roadmaps
- Earn the respect of world class engineers and serve as a their collaborative partner
- Foster innovative solutions to security, engineering, and infrastructure challenges
- Continuously improve and champion Uber's access and privacy policies
- Streamline process and communication between the security and engineering organizations
What you'll need:
- At least 5+ years Technical Program Management experience in the security domain
- Domain expertise with authentication, authorization, and directory services
- Solid understanding or large scale infrastructure and software engineering concepts
- Good judgement on when to "solve for yes" and when to push back with a "no"
- Strong communication skills and adaptable work style
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with large scale migrations and software deployments in a rapidly changing, multi-language microservices environment
- Background as a software engineering, technical lead, and/or engineering manager
- Entrepreneurial aptitude and/or experience.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top