Sr Technical Program Manager
Senior Technical Program Manager – EMEA
This senior technical program manager role will be responsible for coordinating the architecture, resourcing and management of global Tech Services office build-out standards through technical leadership and vendor management. This role will manage the quality of technology and services of our offices during rapid growth and throughout its lifecycle. This role requires both technology fluency and experience with global office build-outs. Expect to have to think creatively in the field.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with Tech Services Architecture and Facilities developing our global and local standards. Translate business requirements into long term solutions in many different markets.
- Manage office build-outs and related expansion projects in EMEA
- Onsite network turn up – basic network fluency required
- Onsite AV troubleshooting – basic network fluency
- You are the only technical person on-site leading a team of remote resources.
- This is your Thursday in St. Petersburg: Run the cable from MPOE to MDF, trouble shoot two AV rooms, call the circuit provider for IP and add to interfaces. Meet the business the next day, introduce them to IT, Talk about best password policies and give a quick demonstration on video calls
- This is your Friday in London: Meet with AV integration lead and low voltage leads, create schedule for office launch, setup the cloud based routers in advance, and leave a picture showing how to connect port AB-102 to ETH0. Network team brings up network remotely while you are on plane back to HQ.
This is Uber speed
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in global build-outs
- Experience in managing multiple projects of greater than 50K square feet
- Multiple International builds experience
- Managed more than 10 builds per year
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner
- An understanding of the balance between engineering perfection and the real world of rapid growth
- Experience in build outs during hyper-growth and/or pre-IPO
- Manage multiple circuit vendors
- Manage low voltage, Ethernet, single mode and mixed mode fiber installations onsite as necessary to terminate multiple internet circuits.
- Manage site turn up
- Management communications on scope, schedule and budget
- Track multiple technical teams
- Clear all blockers – keep the project on track period
- Support first day of business
Bonus points if you have
- HQ or large campus build-out experience
- Managed multiple AV, Low voltage, network or professional services vendors directly
- Previous experience as a systems admin, network administrator or info-sec.
PERKS and NOTES
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top